Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow



I have a confession to make. Shhh, don't tell......I love snow, I love playing in it, building with it, skiing on it, snowshoeing or winter bonfires. But I do love snow. And now, I love creating snowy art! This was fun!! So, thanks again Mel for the inspiration! I made a little box to hold an ornament and created this front for it. So, broken down into small parts :^)The box template is found in the following link too.
The hills template can be found here.
I used a download from Mel for the christmas text and gesso'd over it for the 1st and 3rd layer. The middle layer was gesso'd and imprinted with one of CTMH Jingle border stamps. I then took my glue pen and edged the hills and sprinkled them with glitter.
I used the All Decked Out set from CTMH for the snow flurries and clear embossed them on the front hill and on the sky. I punched holes and stitched the flurries with silver thread on the hill and used a white ink on the sky.
The rest is easy! I silver embossed the tree from Warm Memories (CTMH), adhered my hills, embossed my hat from All Decked Out and coloured it with Copics T6, T8 and T10 and R49 and R43 on the band.
The snow dust in the background is embossing powder in white and clear sprinkled on and heated from beneath to look like fine snow (so it doesn't just blow away).
That cute little bear and snowman is from ILDI stamps. I will add the link when I find where I put it. For the Christmas text too. the snowman is approx 1 1/4 inches high (digital, I love it, any size you want for the project at hand!) Coloured with copics....
Snowman - BG10, hat T8 T10, R59 for the band
Bear - E33 and E37
Cut out and tuck in where they look best.
The background is faux blanket stitched to the box (see the link to Mel for that one!)
Whew, This was so much fun and looks so good when done! I will probably use it on a scrapbook page in the future! Let me know if you try this, I would love to see what you create. Have a wonderfully creative week and join us on our Copic Challenge this week....Snow People!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to let you know that I love love love your Snow Snow Snow card. I too am a big fan of Mel's creations. I am delighted to see what you did with the blustery snow and hat card. The snowman and teddy bear images are precious. I found the website, but not those images, I am sorry to say. I am tickled that I did happen upon your wonderful blog. Take care, Kendall

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please stop and say hi. I love to know I'm not alone out there!