Well, I looked at the card and looked at it and decided those girls needed a little bling....so here it is! The BG for the paperpiecing is the ledger paper, see Mel Stampz blog and posting 2 down from here (I thinks...maybe 3 or so, been playing lots :))I used nesties to cut out the shapes and blinged up the edges with old sparklies that I had lying around. My goal is to use up lots of the embellies that I have been ignoring this season and its working!!!!Make room for more!!!
I love this technique!!!!!! I really do! Check out the directions for the background atMel Stampz. I used a digi stamp freebie on the Copic Buzz group at Paper Craft Planet, coloured it with copics for the Copics Colour Challenge Blog, using R20, E33 and YG63 and blending colours (R26, YG67, E37, E39)and a few others I forgot to write down :(. Now I now why people take pictures of the copics they use!. I dyed the flowers with reinkers. The hardest part was waiting for everything to dry. It didn't scan well either, the colour washed out or something. Using Copics on Acrylic paint is FUN. The ink moves around more or something. It is harder to blend it though. As for the background, Mel does a great job explaining it, but in a nutshell, I printed out ledger paper, overpainted with acrylic paint, waited and waited for it to dry and then ran it through the printer again to print out the digi on top....tried to emboss it, but my paper was still damp or something and it didn't work well.....maybe I need the antistatic bag?? Thanks Mel for an awesome texture technique! Oh yah, out of the box technique too.....how do you do that well and get a nice embossed edge with nestabilities? Any hints?
\I used a tin seal from a coffee can and painted it with alcohol ink in eggplant and stream as the BG. I used a sweetnsassy digi for the snail and coloured it with copics for practice blending (hence the odd variation in the shell :P) I then raised it with a pop dot off the shiny BG. The ribbon is a scrap from my oddsnends bin and the saying is clear dollar stamps. Drat, I looked at the sweetnsassy sketch challenge and could have used this there, but didn't follow the sketch. Ah well!
This was fun. I wanted to use the free shape template from paper popsicles and then met a challenge to create a love/halloween card. In the bargain, I think i meet the criteria for the stamp something blog challenge BLING!! And I get to challenge myself (use my own writing, yuck! :P and use my bling which I never think to do) I used miscellaneous paper, a SU tag punch, dollar store embellies. The tag says There's something 'witchy' in the air...(inside cont. 'cuz I've been under your spell since we first met!)Inside is decorated too, but I didn't scan it....too much work left to do tonight!
This stamp is free from papergardenprojects as a new stamp venture to try. I coloured it in with copics and set it paper from my scrap pile. I really like this stamp to colour and I think I am getting better! Even my DH can't believe that I coloured it! Still needs work, but my best yet. I entered this card in the challenge atCopic Creations and realized that I probably need practice on my pumpkins after reading the tutorials, lol.
Thank you for being a great teacher, you will be missed! Coloured with copics E33 E39 E59, out of the box technique from technique junkies newsletter, Feltie by close to my heart. Digi stamp by Sweet and sassy stampers. I used a brad and photo clip for the body of the butterfly. Created for the stamp something challenge blog.
Welcome to lilscrappers! I love to craft, I am a Close to my Heart Consultant and I love to learn and teach new techniques for papercrafts. I post as my busy schedule allows and share many of my endeavours here. Join me and challenge yourself :)