Friday, February 10, 2012

Use it OR Lose It! Challenge

WEEEEHOOOO, so excited to be part of the new challenge group for CTMH! Use it or Lose it is the name of the game. This Weeks challenge is finding your first stamp and putting it to work. I used 'the simple things'. One of my first stamps if not my first one. I leaned on word stamps when I started as I was pretty new to the whole crafting thing. Today I love dabbling in techniques and mixed media art for fun. Welcome aboard, grab that oldie but goodie and play along!


Now this technique is impossible to photograph well, ARGH! It is the false mahogany technique from Technique Junkies. I used barn red and garnet ink from CTMH. We had great fun pounding out the chipboard hinges to look like old and beat up hinges (one casualty with my oldest catching his thumb). Head to the Use it or lose it site to see all the great projects people came up with for this challenge and link up your own :)

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Drives me crazy when a project will not behave for a photo! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fun technique- love your masculine take on it- the hinges are really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please stop and say hi. I love to know I'm not alone out there!