Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainbows, Clouds, Sunshine - Use it OR Lose it

This challenge was to use rainbows or a piece of that theme on your layout. I had been toying with an idea for a while, so this pushed me to put it to paper. I used a tutorial from splitcoaststampers for the triple layer popup card .

Can you see the dimension?

I used Sky Blue cardstock for the base and literally flipped through my scraps and pulled out the colours of a rainbow. All paper is CTMH, the stamp set is Splendid Day (a favourite that I look at and rarely use, lol).
I had to create a band to hold the card shut, so glued a tree cutout onto it to hide the glue. I know the inside of the card is unfinished, but I can't decide if I am sending a birthday card or using it as a sorry you are hurt card for a coworker....I will finish with 'a little birdie told me....you took a tumble or a little birdie told me, you are having a birthday"
the stamp for a little birdie told me is from ClearDollarStamps

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute! Love that it is a pop-up. The plane is so perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pop up card. I always wanted to try one but haven't yet. Maybe I'll try yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please stop and say hi. I love to know I'm not alone out there!