Monday, May 12, 2014

A tisket, a tasket a little yellow basket...

 I found a fun challenge by browsing my latest crush at Layers of Ink . It's scenic stamping. I have always wanted to use my stamps in this way and combined quite a few stamps in my creating.
 The background started out as Tim Holtz's April tag and was rejected. I had used a mustard seed paint and it went lime green. The tissue tape is there...... I was trying to figure out how to resurrect it when inspiration hit and I stenciled over it with embossing paste and a tim holtz lattice stencil. I then used my purple tim holtz distress paint because I wanted to see what colour of purple it was :P, I mean the piece was already rejected, so why not?
But I liked it!





I had a random piece of white cardstock sitting on my desk that I trimmed to fit into this new window frame die I HAD to have, leaving the frameworks dies  on the counter at the funkie junkie. Silly me :(


I distress crackle painted the window frame to look like an old farmhouse window, popped up the window box and set a hyacinth blossom on the ledge. I love that bicycle stamp, its close to my heart. A bunch of the stamps are from an older company, firecracker stamps. I used old Close to My heart markers for colouring.
I made it for an artistic friend of mine that just retired. I'm nervous sharing because she is talented, lol. I do like the way my castoffs came together and cleared my desk. I am entering this into the challenge for scenic stamping at Craft a Scene and the words challenge at Frilly and Funkie.

5 comments:

  1. A great little scene here, I love the view from your window. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love that scene out the window! Gorgeous layering of the stenciled background piece and the crackle on the window makes it so lifelike! Super piece for our Words challenge. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love that background and the crackled window! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scenic stamping is great fun, and you made a terrific card for our theme this month. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.
    Pia/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be very happy with that view from my window, and I love the background that started it all off as well. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please stop and say hi. I love to know I'm not alone out there!