Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tag #8-Tim Holtz 12 Days of Tags

We are almost through the 12 tags. This is tag 8 (the steam punk one) I have never done steampunk before. I have to say....I quite like it, you will be seeing more of that style from me.
On this card I used an older stamp from Hero Arts and embossed it in white then sponged cranberry and new england ivy over it. I used the accent essentials cartridge to cut out a few gears, a MFT die for the arrow and cut the gameboard die out of the metal top of a coffee container. I happily splashed alcohol inks over it to age it (a touch of copper).
The Film strip is a CTMH stamp that I stamped on acetate and cut down to fit on the tag. THe little ladies on the bottom are part of Sassy Studio Designs Digi steampunk line, shrunk down and lined up and printed.
AHH, almost done, but how to get that 25 on the bottom?
I used a metal frame tag from long ago, stuck it to metal tape with the rub on 25 on it and filled the frame with liquid glass. The greenery is some of the glassine technique that Tim demonstrated a few tags ago. The UPC is a scrap that was sitting on my desk from another journalling tag. The wee lightbulb hanging from the top is a find from my brothers workshop, as is the washer just under the arrow :)
All products are CTMH, unless otherwise noted. They do work a lot like Tims Distress Inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please stop and say hi. I love to know I'm not alone out there!