Wednesday, December 5, 2012

3D Christmas Card

Inspired by Shelly Hickox over at StampTramp, I decided to try the technique junkies 3D technique from the last newsletter. I also wanted to try using less traditional colours on my card and use up some of that formidable stash of scraps! I love it and I used a lot of older supplies too :). See my number 25? I think this is my favourite part, lol....it is created from plain white chipboard and my husband swears it is metal. The new metallic stains from Tim Holtz are amazing.....I coloured my numbers with the bronze, then archival black and finally silver. I wish I could take a better picture...the depth of colour comes through in real life.
My tree was cut out at 3" on my cricut (pick a tree any tree, I don't remember what cartridge I used). I cut 5 of them and scored them and glued them together with liquid glass. The background is embossed with a snowflake folder and framed with Tim Holtz mini cabinet die that has the centre cut out with a spellbinder. All painted with Modpodge and doused in Diamond dust.
A bad picture, but I splurged on the pop n cuts by Karen Burniston after following Shelly for the last few months because I love playful cards. The Merry Christmas pops up off the page. I love the background paper, it reminds me of a homeknit sock, a Christmas favourite. All stamps are CTMH and I think I gave credit where due ;) Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please stop and say hi. I love to know I'm not alone out there!