Monday, December 17, 2012

Tags 9-11 for the Funkie Junkies 12 Tags of Christmas

I have to admit that I wasn't that inspired by this card in the challenge, and I had to think about it. That being said, I love the tag I made after all! I decided it was the wood grain that I liked and wanted to pull from the inspiration tag. So my snowmen have a Faux Barnwood treatment from the technique junkies newsletter (2011, maybe august?) using white glue, I love it! and aren't they cute :). The background is a simple Stain smoosh with blues and gold, I tried to get a northern light look going. My snow is a cotton ball pulled apart, the red mesh is a piece of bag that oranges come in from the grocery store and the ribbon is scavenged from a candycane. My jingle coin and the red burlap are from Linda's store, the FUNKIE JUNKIE BOUTIQUE that is hosting this challenge. And just have to share......I won on the sunday share that the funkie junkie boutique blog has every 2 weeks, YAY!

Tag 10 - wooooahhh, I don't have any of those toys either.....hmmmm what to do??? I can't give up, I have almost finished this challenge. I like the ornament Linda used, I really like this tag, I must say. I like the embossed background too........

Here's what I did, shattered glass Embossing Folder, looks like a snowball just got thrown. That ornament detaches and hangs on the tree. The chipboard ornament is from CTMH and comes in two pieces. I sandwiched the picture between the layers and covered the ornament with more of that music paper. The top is decorated with Tims' festive greenery which is 'yup, you guessed it' from Linda's store as is the red hemp.


Tag 11 - It's beautiful, but I feel the pressure of time to create something like that, lol. Take a look at this and let me know what inspires you. I love the whole tag, but the wreath really is the focal point. What can I do with a wreath?
This picture doesn't do it justice....it's a tag covered with frayed burlap crackle paint, and sponged over with a blue ink. BUT the crackle won't photograph. I cheated and used thickers letters for joy, another candycane ribbon and martha stewarts cedar bough punch to create a wreath....which stands out way more IRL from the background. Red stickles from the boutique add some sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please stop and say hi. I love to know I'm not alone out there!